Question : Problem: Logitech VX Revolution - scroll wheel gummed up

I have had the  Logitech VX Revolution mouse for over 3 months now.

As of a few days back the middle scroll wheel, which is used for scrolling down 100's of pages has been acting gummed up, i.e it slows down after 10-20 pages

* I haven't changed any settings on the mouse and the slider at the bottom is still set to free roll as opposed to precision setting.

* I carry the mouse in a ziplock bag so i dont think that there is any debris in there

Any suggestions?

Answer : Problem: Logitech VX Revolution - scroll wheel gummed up

My 5 month old MX Revolution does exactly the same thing too. I have mine set to manualy switch between free rolling and click to click, mostly I tend to use the ratcheting scroll mode, so its definately not over use of free spin mode.
I rarther think that this could either be a build up of sweat/grease from ones finger that is gumming up our mice or the shaft that the wheel runs on can be bent after a few hundred presses to switch between scrolling modes, if so this is a product fault which logitech should really address.

I'm not going to strip my mouse down just yet to find out the root cause of the problem as I dont want to break it. They are however still under warranty after such a short period and should be replaced as faulty. I do feel though that even a new mouse would go the same way after not so long.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us