Question : Problem: Rebuild Raid 5 on Nvidia MediasShield

I have nvidia mediashiled raid 5 on a EGVA  nForce 790i Motherboard. I have 4 500MB disks. Under XP, one disk was marked as failed. On restart, OS fail to boot.  Windows XP was on this raid.  Raid Bios shows three separate raid 5 arrays all with error.  I replaced the failed disk with a new one, add it to the array and rebuild. As soon as I hit rebuild on the bios, the BIOS return the cursor to the left top of the main page and just sit there. I have waited for more than 24 hours thinking that the rebuild was going on but I was wrong.  I exited the process and rebooted after 30 hours. Nothing changed after I reboot, not even the add disk to array (I have a new disk under BIOS again). Did I do it right? I heve to do this under BIOS because there is no OS.

Answer : Problem: Rebuild Raid 5 on Nvidia MediasShield

I like to withdraw this question. I solved it by deleting all three arrays and recreating a raid 5 array using the same parameters I used originally making sure I add the drives to the array the same order I used originally, saying no to "clear MBR". After reboot, I got the logical disk back. I still don't know what caused this problem.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us