Question : Problem: Raid recovery problem

I have a RAID setup on a Dell Poweredge 2800 Server running Windows Server SB 2003. I recently (yesterday) pulled out two of the four hard drives from the machine.  I thought the hard drives where "hot swapable" but I'm guessing I was wrong because after putting them back in and rebooting the machine the hard drives and the corresponding "D" drive does not show up.  When I go into the RAID setup in bios the drives are listed as "failed".  I'm not sure how to proceed to recover the RAID setup. I've tried using recovery software on the drive, but they do not show any partitions and all other attempts to view the files have failed. Help.  The machine is the main "file server" for the company.  

Answer : Problem: Raid recovery problem

If disks 3 and 4 were mirrored then both ought to contain valid data, they are likely to be out of sync with each other if there was any writing going on at the time but either should be usable. Tou won't need raid reconstructor since it reassembles stripes and RAID 1 doesn't have the data striped across multiple disks, just mirrored.

You rpoblem is simply to get the controller to accept one of the disks so with just one of them in and the other out it may let you put that one online, a simple file recovery program will be able to get the data but that needs a non-RAID controller to work with. Do you have something with a normal SCSI (I presume) cintroller on it that you can mount one of the drives on?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us