Question : Problem: How to lock the touch pad while using the mouse?: Lenovo 3000 n200 notebook computer

When the microsoft mouse is in use, the touch pad remains on, and because it is very sensitive,  I often find the cursor jumping far from the position I am trying to type into.  This is because when I depress a key on the keyboard, my hand (thumb) accidentally hovers near the pad.  This happens often enough to seriously hamper my effectiveness.

Is there a setting I can use to either:
switch off the pad
or
make it less sensitive
while using the mouse?

Then return it to normal when not using the mouse.

My notebook computer is a Lenovo 3000 n200 0769.

Hope someone can assist.

Mike King

Answer : Problem: How to lock the touch pad while using the mouse?: Lenovo 3000 n200 notebook computer

There should be an icon on your taskbar near the clock that will open the utility for your touchpad. This icon usually looks like a square that lights in different areas as you touch the touchpad. If not then try hovering over each icon to see if it represents your touch pad utility then double click (or r-click) to open the utility, you should see an option to enable/disable the TP.

If you don't have this type of icon in the task bar then look in the control panel. There may be an icon setup specifically for your touchpad or you may have to look in the mouse utility to disable.

Hope this helps...
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us