Question : Problem: Server reboots intermittently and hangs on ""firmware initializing"

I hope someone can help me. We installed a  Microsoft SBS 2003 server for a customer. The motherboard is an Intel Aspen Hill. We are running a Intel Raid Controller Card, with Raid 5. The server has been running smoothly for about 2 months, and now disaster has struck. The server keeps restarting without warning, and it then gets stuck on "firmware initializing" . It just hangs here and the server does not boot up. Sometimes by resetting it, it goed into the OS without a problem, but then in a couple of hours it crashes, and then restarts but hangs on "firmware initializing" . What could this be? Harddrive failure? Network Card?

Answer : Problem: Server reboots intermittently and hangs on ""firmware initializing"

Hi Eveyone.
Found the problem. The dual Ethernet was giving problems. I ran every hardware test possible and it tested fine. As soon as i pumped a bit of bandwidth through the network cards, it rebooted the server without notice and hanged on  "firmware initializing" This happens becuase the Raid card was not shut down properly" Thanks for all the help
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us