Question : Problem: Wireless Printer dropping out

Hello Experts,

I have a serious intermittent problem with my printer (Canon MP980 with WCN), at first I thought it may be the router, I purchased a WCN compatible router but after a week or so the Printer stops working, I need to reboot the router to start working again, I replaced the router, 1 week later I am in the same boat.

Does anyine think it could be the printer even though when I reset my router it refreshes the connection?

Does anyone think that possible wireless interference would completely knock the connection out?

Does anyone have any wireless devices that cause nothing but headaches with a WI-FI network?

It is a real inconvenience to run a cable, can anyone share advice?

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Wireless Printer dropping out

Welcome to the wonderful (not) world of wireless.

I had a similar situation with an HP printer... printer and wireless access point were 6 feet from each other and for no apparent reason every couple of weeks the printer would just not print anymore.  The fix was to reboot everything and then I'd be back in business.  Finally just decided it wasn't worth the hassle and went USB.

My personal favorite router is an Apple Airport Extreme (although, I have to admit I'm not sure what WCN is so not sure that this would work for you).  I had a LInksys router in my home environment that just was not working well.  I had a PC and a Mac both within 20 feet of the router which was only separated from them by one wall of sheetrock and air.  Never had a signal strength any better than low and would constantly fight losing the connection.  Bought an Airport and put it in exactly the same spot and never have less than an excellent signal strength. And yes, I had checked radio signal strength on the old one and it was fully up.  Airports cost a little more, but for me it's been worth it.  I can connect from my computer room and my son can connect from the basement on his Mac as well as his Wii.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us