Question : Problem: Where can I purchase a keyboard with the caps lock indicator LED on the caps lock key

Hi,
I realise this is not the normal type of question for here but I have run out of stores / ideas to check.  My boss wants a keyboard that has the LED for the Caps Lock under the Caps Lock key.

He does not want
- a keyboard where the caps lock indicator is above the number pad together with the numlock indicator (as per Logitech Ultraflat or NewTouch keyboards)
- any software that displays the caps lock status on the screen or in the system tray (ie Clever Key Indicator).

Is there someone out there that can tell me where I can purchase such a keyboard (preferably from Australia but can source from overseas if necessary).
He is talking about putting a Mac keyboard on his PC as this has what he wants, so I am getting desperate
THanks

Answer : Problem: Where can I purchase a keyboard with the caps lock indicator LED on the caps lock key

The LED used to be there on the early PC XT keyboards.... mighty long ago...

I do not know if there is anyone with the required skills in your company to do this, but if this were my problem, I would (1) tell him he is right, that the Caps Lock LED is in a ridiculous place indeed, and (2) take his favorite keyboard, drill a little hole in the space left of the Caps Lock key, put a little green LED there, and wire it in parallel to the already existing Caps Lock LED. It might be a bit tough with modern, flat keyboards, but the older keyboards have plenty of space for that.

In this way, it would not be under the caps lock key (sorry boss, that's out of fashion since the last 20 years), but it's as close to it as it can be, and you have gone through a lot of trouble to please him. So he will be satisfied.

This requires a guy with a soldering iron for electronics, a small drill, a green LED, and some wire. No further electronic parts required.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us