Question : Problem: Device to backup a windows share, without a pc involved?

Hi Experts,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a device that can backup a windows share without the involvement of a pc.  I just picked up a very small client with two workstations and a nas device.  The nas is a western digital mybook world edition.  I would like to set up some sort of backup for them but they do not want to leave their computers on when they leave for the day.  I was trying to find some sort of hardware device that I can configure with the name of the one windows share that is on that nas which is just \\mybookworld\public and then this device would do a backup every night without involving a pc.  Obviously this device would need to connect to the network.  Also it would be really great if the device had some sort of removable media so they could take a backup offsite.  Thanks for any suggestions!

Answer : Problem: Device to backup a windows share, without a pc involved?

The western digital mybook world edition supports USB attached drives. You can attach an external harddrive directly to the device, which will then appear as a folder share. Using the copy manager built into the WD device, you can then choose to copy the data onto this external drive. Buy a few external hard drives that will hold the amount of data they are using and rotate them out for backups.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us