Question : Problem: no picture/signal on pc monitor

hi this problem just started happening and it is that when i turn on my computer, there is no signal or picture being sent to my pc monitor. i have check for faulty cables, monitor, and video card- i have tried switching monitors, replacing it with a brand new video card(same model as old), and replacing the cables, same problem. at first i thought it was the video card that went dead, so i sent it out for a replacement(warranty), insert it back in-same problem. when i power on the computer, there is no beeps to signal a potential problem and it sounds like it is running like its suppose to but just no picture-black screen on monitor.

i am starting to think that the problem lies with the agp slot on motherboard, is there anything else i should do before going about replacing this 4 year old mobo?

i also want to add that with the system turned on with no picture/signal on monitor, the computer is networked with other computers in the room and i notice that if i go into my my network places, i am unable to view the pc in workgroup like i use to when there was picture/signal. i am not sure if these means that the system is not properly booted into windows even with no signal/picture on monitor.

thank you.

Answer : Problem: no picture/signal on pc monitor

i suggest testing with the minimum setup - disconnect also all peripherals and network cables
motherboard + cpu + 1 ram stick, video card, power supply
on boot, do you have a display?
if NO it is one of the connected, swap ram, Power supply, video card - leaving only motherboard and cpu
if Yes, add devices till the problem shows

you can also check the motherboard for bad capacitors as shown here :   www.badcaps.net
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us