Question : Problem: SMS 2003 - Program instalations running from a server share and not the SMS DP share

I have been trying to deploy a program using SMS2003 however I need the program install to run from the server’s original install share location and not the SMS distribution point server. Is there an easy way to tell a SMS program to run from a server share and not the instance copied to the DP share? I have the data source properly set to the server share. I then modify the share distribution folder setting under the data access tab within the package to point to the same server share that contains the original install files. When I look at the status message viewer I get a “failed to process package” error message. Note that I have called all other installs from this server so there is not a security issue. The only different here is that I need the install to run from the server and not the SMS DP folder.  Any advice would be great!

Answer : Problem: SMS 2003 - Program instalations running from a server share and not the SMS DP share

One idea could be that inside the SMS package there will be only a BAT, CMD or VBS file that will run an UNC path command, e.g. \\yourserver\yourshare\install.exe.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us