Question : Problem: Backup Exec 9.1 - Setting different backups to write to different devices (Monday to tape, tuesday to disk, etc.)

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out how to get Backup Exec 9.1 to write data from different backups to different devices.  I have an HP NAS device that I would like to use to do a daily mailbox and SQL backup on and a weekly full backup of my servers.  Every night I would like to backup all my servers to tape.  I can successfully add the NAS device as a backup-to-disk folder, but then Backup Exec adds that to my normal media rotation.

Thank you,
Robert Bowen

Answer : Problem: Backup Exec 9.1 - Setting different backups to write to different devices (Monday to tape, tuesday to disk, etc.)

Great aspect and view; hehehe
But there is a simple, very simple solution you may take in order for you to do this;
My idea is as follows:
Create two splitted backup jobs; The first backup job will backup data to the drive while the other job will backup data to tape. You can set destination of backup through the 'Job Setup' section where you can set the 'Destination' to 'Device and Media' to be whatever you choose it to be. But, in order to allows the availability of the devices, you will have to make them available through  the 'Devices' section within Backup Exec management console.
After creating those two jobs; just 'Scheduale' them properly... and there you have it...

Hope that helped

Cyber
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us