Question : Problem: how to connect my HP printer into a network

hello to all IT experts,, I need help in how to connect my HP officejet K7100 into a network and what are the gadgets that i need to use, and how to do it??
is it correct if i use a router???what kind of router??
thank you !!!!!!

Answer : Problem: how to connect my HP printer into a network

The only way to do it as is would be to connect that printer to a computer with a USB or parallel cable and have that computer share the printer.  Of course that computer would be connected to the network.  This would make the printer show up as a shared network resource of that computer.  It could be used by other network computers but only if the computer it was attached to is on.

That model of printer does not come with a method of connecting it directly to a network.  You can get an optional HP Jetdirect external print server to add networking capabilities to the printer.  This would make it so the printer would then be connected directly to the network and could be used by any other computer, without a specific other computer being on.

The other option, if your network supports wireless, is to look at something like a wireless USB print server.  It would need to allow a USB printer to connect to it and then have the ability to connect to the network wirelessly.  Make sure the device supports your printer make and model.  They don't support all printers.

Let me know how this gets you started or if you have a question.  I can add more info if you need but you have to respond to the above so I know the method you want to use and what details you need.  My recommendation, if you want to connect it directly to the network, is the HP Jetdirect external print server.

bol
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us