Question : Problem: Fireline Hotdrive has stopped.... or more accurately, cannot start. (Code 10)

I'ev been using Windows XP on both of my laptops for a couple of years now. As a backup option I bought a 20GB Evergreen Fireline Hotdrive. This has been working perfectly for over a year, up until the last week....

I've plugged it into both laptops, and in the hardware section now get the same yellow exclamation mark next to device name 'LSI Logic SYM13FW500-DISK DRIVE IEEE 1394 SBP2 Device' with the device status as 'This device cannot start. (Code 10)'.

I've uninstalled, unplugged, rebooted, restarted in all orts of orders, and on both laptops... all with the same result....

Is it a hardware problem with my drive? Both computers know something is plugged in, but are asigning it the wrong driver?

Look forward to your help - thanks!

Answer : Problem: Fireline Hotdrive has stopped.... or more accurately, cannot start. (Code 10)

I am going to request closure/deletion f this question.

I solved m own problem - The (power) plug for the drive has various ac / dc settings.... It somehow had slipped to the wrong setting, so while there was enough power to light the light, there wasn't enough power to drive the drive....

Sorry for being a muppet and thank you all for your responses.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us