Question : Problem: iPod Album Art

Hi experts.

I'm trying to set up album art on my ipod (5.5gen). I'd prefer not to use software like iTunes which is going to restrict me like hell. Currently I'm using Easytag to manage my music collection and MediaMonkey to sync to my ipod.

Here's the deal: my music collection is organized like this:

\\\me>.mp3

In the folder (for every album) I have a file called front.jpg which is the cover art. Then I have a subfolder CD1 (even if there's only one cd), and then the mp3 tracks themselves.

Basically I want to the cover art for all my albums to display on my ipod. I want to say that for every track, the corresponding album art is at ../front.jpg

I do not want to go through and do each album individually, as this is an extremely large music collection. I'd prefer not to embed the album art in the mp3's if possible (i.e. leave it as a separate file).

I don't mind using iTunes (or other software) as long as it's not going to lock up my library in any way --  (for example, if I sync with iTunes once then I always have to use iTunes... and it's a goddamn memory hog.. lol)

Any suggestions???

Answer : Problem: iPod Album Art

There's a program, "Abander Tag Control"  that may help you. I haven't tested fully but it may work, however I do put the art in the same folder with the music and windows media will pick it automatically.
In my humble opinion you should move the art to the mp3 folder, and try Abander.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us