Question : Problem: Static is heard during & after Yahoo Messenger voice call, but at no other time. Fixed by reboot only

I have a customers whos realtek integrated sound on MSI mainboard failed. I uninstalled the realtek sound drivers and control panel, and diabled integrated sound in the Bios. I installed a C-media CMI8738 in PCI slot 1 and installed the mixer and drivers. All works crystal clear with system sounds, mp3 in media player etc, until i attempt to make a voice phone call using Yahoo chat. As soon as the phone makes the ringing sound, the audio starts to crackle. Even after closing yahoo, the crackle persists in other sound apps eg windows media player. The music is still audible at the same level, but it takes on a crackle.
Im sure this is not a loose wire or speaker problem, as a simple reboot will fix the sound and remove the crackle, until yahoo messenger call is made again.
I have download latest c-media driver, and moved card to a different slot. I was thinking maybe IRQ conflict is causing it because even after installing in different pci slot , the irq is being shared with 3 other hardware items - usb hub, chipset and NIC. I have tried to force it to assign a unique irq to the card in the bios, but on reboot it always installs onto IRQ 16 or 17 and shares it with other hardware

Any suggestions as to what might be causing this would be appreciated - Should i persevere with this card, or just get another better quality sound card?
I have heard c-media cards are low quality and can have problems

Answer : Problem: Static is heard during & after Yahoo Messenger voice call, but at no other time. Fixed by reboot only

something wrong with the C-Media then.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us