Question : Problem: No BIOS beeps, no boot

Hi there! I workn in the tech lab at my school, and we have several computers with this problem...
The computer will power up fine, but there is no bios beep (the speaker is hooked up properly) and there is no video output--the monitor says "No Signal".
I've been told by some of the other guys that the board nees to be "Jumped"--what does this entail?
thanks for your time!
~ACHS

Answer : Problem: No BIOS beeps, no boot

I would try a known good power supply on them.
The fans and drives run on 12v. The power supply has 3 voltages 12v 5v and 3.3v. If you loose the 5v or 3.3v it can still act as if it is powering up.  What happens is you don't get power to ram vga or cpu. this is why when the PSU dies or is weak you usually don't get any post warning beeps or video.

This is how I check a no post pc with out bios beeps. Remove All unnecessary hardware. But Cpu 1 stick of RAM (unles it is RDram needs to be a pair) and video card.  Verify power supply is working (very important step).  Verify System speaker is properly attached.
If no go and no beeps replace cpu with a known to work cpu or test on known working system
If no go and no beeps replace motherboard.
By now you should  get POST or a warning beep of some type.
Be it ram or video.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us