Question : Problem: How to replace the power supply of my monitor ( if I cant but a replacement )

I have an Atec System 18.1 tft LCD monitor product code - AL181N - input voltage  - 12v 5a

The power supply box - with the green light, does not work - well - the green light does not come on anymore, and the monitor does not work. I tried replacing the fuse - with one I know works and that did not work. I cant seem to find this compaines website - as to find out if they could send me another power supply - so my question is - are there shops out there that could sell me something that would power this monitor - or an adaptor I could use. the monitor itself is great, shame to loose it just for this reason.

Answer : Problem: How to replace the power supply of my monitor ( if I cant but a replacement )

12V 5 Amp supplies are fairly common.  Radio Shack or Fry's can probably help you out.  The critical thing is to get the correct size and polarity of the connector.   Take the old one in with you and they should be able to help you out.   Worst case is to get a generic 5VDC 5 Amp supply and splice the connector from your old (dead) supply on to it.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us