Question : Problem: Ability to reply in HTML format with BES 4.1.6

Hi

We are running BES 4.1.5 with Exchange 2003. Most handhelds are on software 4.1

I have just heard that BES 4.1.6 gives users the ability to reply in HTML to messages. This confuses me ;)

Are they suggesting that if I reply to a message from my Blackberry at the moment the format is plain text? Because this is not the case. Sure, I can't read the message in HTML on my BB (it is in plain text), but the replies I send are in colour etc (indicating I am replying in HTML surely?), yet I am on BES 4.1.5...

Can anyone help? Or am I getting confused with my message formats? :)

Thanks!

Answer : Problem: Ability to reply in HTML format with BES 4.1.6

I am guessing this what you are referring too or maybe its you sending thru another forum: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=83355

Composing/Replying in HTML is not possible.  I have heard with SP6 that if the message is originally sent in HTML to the BB then you can reply in BB, but that does not appear to be correct.

I believe this is what you are looking for (from http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/2755/Admin_X_493311_11.pdf):

Managing content in RTF and HTML-formatted messages

The BlackBerry® Enterprise Server supports RTF and HTML-formatted messages on BlackBerry devices that are running
BlackBerry® Device Software version 4.5 or later. You can turn off support for rich content and inline images in messages.
Users can configure the message settings on their BlackBerry devices. The settings that you define override the settings
that users define.
View settings for HTML-formatted messages
1. In the BlackBerry® Manager, in the left pane, click a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server.
2. On the Users tab, double-click a user account.
3. In the left pane, click Redirection.
4. In the Messaging Options section, view the settings for Rich Content Enabled and Download Images
Automatically.

Turn off rich content and inline images for groups of users

You can prevent the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server from sending email messages in RTF and HTML format to BlackBerry
devices. When rich-text formatting is turned off, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server sends all email messages in plain-text
format. You can also prevent the BlackBerry Enterprise Server from sending email messages with inline images to BlackBerry
devices.
Turning off rich-content and inline images reduces resource consumption on the computers that are running the messaging
server, the BlackBerry Attachment Service, and the BlackBerry MDS Services.
1. In the BlackBerry Manager, in the left pane, click a BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
2. On the Server Configuration tab, click Edit Properties.
3. Click Messaging.
4. In the Messaging Options section, perform one of the following actions:
" To turn off rich-content formatting, click Rich Content Enabled. In the drop-down list, click False.
" To turn off inline images, click Inline Images Enabled. In the drop-down list, click False.
5. Click OK.

Turn off rich content and inline images in messages for individual users

You can prevent the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server from sending email messages in RTF and HTML format to individual
BlackBerry devices. When rich text formatting is turned off, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server sends all email messages in
plain-text format. You can also prevent the BlackBerry Enterprise Server from sending email messages with inline images
to specific BlackBerry devices, or allow specific device users to request inline images manually.
Turning off rich content formatting and inline images reduces resource consumption on the computers that are running the
messaging server, the BlackBerry Attachment Service, and the BlackBerry MDS Services.
1. In the BlackBerry Manager, in the left pane, click BlackBerry Domain.
2. On the Global tab, click Edit Properties.
3. In the list of IT policies, click an IT policy.
4. Click Properties.
5. In the Email Messaging policy group section, perform one of the following actions:
" To turn off rich-content formatting, click Disable Rich Content Email. In the drop-down list, click True.
" To turn off inline images, click Inline Content Requests. In the drop-down list, click Disabled.
6. Click OK.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us