Question : Problem: Office Update broke Blackberry Pro Express

I have Blackberry Professional Express for Exchange running on a Windows 2003 server box along with Office 2003.  Last night I ran Microsoft Update and three Office 2003 patches were installed:
Security Update for Office 2003 KB954478
Security Update for Office 2003 KB953404
Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter KB956077
I have two users who were running A-OK before the updates; they have not connected since.
I have verified that they wireless connection is good.  So is the database connection and the MAPI connection to Exchange.  I have also verified that the 'Send As' rights are still in force for BESADMIN.  
On Blackberry Forums I found some leads; a recommendation was to install the latest service pack from Blackberry, which would re-register the services.  (This was in response to someone who installed Outlook after BPE.  I'm wondering if the updates didn't cause a similar issue).  But I'm at the latest version, and there are no service packs available.  How else could I re-register the services?  If I reinstall BPE will it save the settings, or will I have to reconfigure the users, licenses, etc?
If it helps, this is the application log error I get every 10 minutes on the BPE server:
Event Type:      Warning
Event Source:      BlackBerry Controller
Event Category:      None
Event ID:      20000
Date:            9/10/2008
Time:            4:08:18 PM
User:            N/A
Computer:      OEMADMIN01
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 20000 ) in Source ( BlackBerry Controller ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Agent 1: Missed 33 heartbeats.

Answer : Problem: Office Update broke Blackberry Pro Express

Try to resend the service book to the bb device.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us