Question : Problem: problems with text alignment, missing lines, or missing text when print to HP4100

Hi All,

I am having trouble printing to an HP 4100 from a Windows 2000 PC.

Hardware involved:
HP 4100
Jet Direct Card using TCP/IP

Dell GX-260
Pentium 1.5 Ghz
512 meg ram
Windows 2000 Pro SP3
lpt1 is set to \\ipaddress using netuse command for dos based apps

This workstation used to print just fine but now is having problems which include, uneven print, missing lines, or items in a document towards the bottom are missing.

I have tried changing printer drivers and have used HP4 up to 41000 in PCL5E, PCL6, and Postscript with no success.

The only new software was Lotus Notes 6 but that was a while back and it printed.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
Matt

Answer : Problem: problems with text alignment, missing lines, or missing text when print to HP4100

You said this setup used to work fine at one point what driver were you using then ? Has anything else changed or been added / removed from the system other then Lotus notes. You said also it printed fine even after installing Lotus notes if I am understanding you correctly from what you said above..

If this is the case then some sort of corruption must have happened have you tried completely removing the driver altogether and reinstalling while background programs were disabled ? When i say background programs disabled I mean go to start run type msconfig hit enter then go to the startup tab write down everything that is checked or unchecked (whichever is easier) on a piece of paper and then uncheck all of them reboot and then reinstall the driver.. If you have reinstalled the driver but have not tried it this way you may want to try it this way using the driver that was known to work fine across the board.

As far as dos based printing goes that is dependent upon the application. In pure dos the application has the driver it is not centralized like in windows. Unless you are using a Dos shell which is treated differently when it comes to printing.  

For some clarification is the windows 2000 PC the only workstation connected to this printer  and this is the one you are printing from ?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us