Question : Problem: Router Rip and BGP

Hello, everyone...My question is

I'm trunking between two cisco 3550 smi switches and I just enabled rip between the switches and the primary switch connects to my router....On my router I have bgp and rip configured respectively....I redistributed bgp into my rip domain and advertised the rip networks in bgp via the network command...Now when I attempt to ping a host outside of my domain, I unable to ping it...My tracert won't even get past the inital switch..I could implement a static route, but that's defeating the purpose..Any thoughts where I'm going wrong...Config's below

sw1: router rip
        version 2
        network 200.1.1.0
        no auto-summary

sw2:router rip
       version 2
       network 200.1.1.0
       no auto-summary

rtr: router rip
      version 2
      redistrubute bgp 65000 metric 2
      no auto-summary

bgp 65000
      network 200.1.1.0 mask 255.255.255.224
      network 200.1.1.64 mask 255.255.255.224
      neighbor 192.1.1.1 remote-as 65122
      neighbor 192.2.2.2 remote-as 65122
      maximum-paths 2

Now I'm routing a couple /27 networks on my switch, but I see them in both switch rip database and I see the routes for the bgp process plus I can see the routes in the bgp table and routing table of the router...

Answer : Problem: Router Rip and BGP

If you're not advertising all your RIP-learned routes into BGP, that could be part of the problem.
Both processes need to learn all of each other's routes unless you can do some summarization somewhere. It would be helpful to understand your whole topology a bit better. If you have any diagrams or anything, you can post up on http://www.ee-stuff.com
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us