Question : Problem: Wireless PCI Card - picking up poor reception

Hi,
I have a windows XP Pro machine with a Netgear PCI wg311 v3 wireless 802.11g card connecting to a Router. The reception is poor when it is only 5metres away. Only has 1 bar, and struggles to connect.

I have 2 Laptops which are the same distance away - connected up with PCMCIA 802.11g Netgear wireless cards, and they have 4/5 bars strong/conect fine.

I've done so far:
- I have changed the channels on the router
- Downloaded and reinstalled the latest drivers from the Netgear website.
- Changed the channel on the PCI card in device manager

It could well be a problem with the PCI wireless card. But want to make sure its nothing else before I go and buy another.
The PCI card is detected and installed fine.

Answer : Problem: Wireless PCI Card - picking up poor reception

Changed it for a USB wireless stick. Reception was twice as good! :)
Random Solutions  
  •  Problem: iPhone 2.0 and Active Sync on Exchange 2003
  •  Problem: Backup Exec 9.1 connecting to SQL database
  •  Problem: server beeping, looking for a some sort of s/w to check the status of the raid array/drives, etc...
  •  Problem: PDF files are too large
  •  Problem: Is this memory compatible with my PC?
  •  Problem: How to collaspe all Inbox folders?
  •  Problem: format hard drive and used original dell insprion 8000 windows me to boot up, lost product key code off back of computer. how can i get by that part of the reload without the code
  •  Problem: What software/OS is best solution for streaming video from network drive to PC over wireless home network?
  •  Problem: Intermec 760A HandHeld - BarCode Scan
  •  Problem: Needing technical assistance in using Norton Ghost 5.1c in transferring data from a 20GB HDD to an 80GB HDD
  •  
    programming4us programming4us