Question : Problem: How do I prevent my WiFi connection from dropping the connection?

I have just begun using a new laptop in my office, and have from the beginning experienced problems with the WiFi connectivity.  

New laptop: Dell Latitude D630, Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, [email protected]
Windows XP Professional Ver. 2002, SP2
WiFi: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG, Driver 11.1.1.22

Details of wireless configuration:
Intel PROSet/Wireless Software ver. 11.1.1.3
Profile Settings:
-Enterprise Security
-Network Authentication: WPA2-Enterprise
-Data Encryption: AES-CCMP
-Authentication Type: PEAP
-Authentication Protocol: MS-CHAP-V2
-Validate Server Certificate: Enabled
-Certificate Issuer: My corporations certificate

Wireless LAN using Meru Networks (unfortunately I do not have additional details about this)

Problem Description:
1. With my previous laptop (IBM Thinkkpad T42), I never experienced any problems getting connected to the WiFi network, leading me to believe the issue is with the new laptop, not the wireless LAN.

2. With the new laptop, upon booting up, the WiFi network will connect.  However, it eventually disconnects (time ranges from within several minutes to 20-30 minutes later).

3. When I attempt to reconnect to the WiFi network, I get the error "Problem applying profile" and am unable to connect.  Rebooting the laptop once again allows me to connect, albeit briefly.

4. The laptop has no problem connecting to an unsecured WiFi network in my home, and maintaining this connection without problems.

Attempted Fixes:
1. Our IT staff have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them with no effect.
2. I have disabled DEP for the Intel application as suggested on the Intel website, but this too had no effect.

I have tried to give as much information as I can, but please let me know if there is any additional information that you require.  

Thanks and regards.

Answer : Problem: How do I prevent my WiFi connection from dropping the connection?

Might try turning off Power Save polling:
http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-006205.htm
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us