Question : Problem: Scanner (Tiny flat bed) has stopped working

Well, everything was fine with my Dad's computer until I managed to wipe the Operating System.  I was trying to delete his 'temp' files but managed to delete everything in his windows folder by accident.  

We loaded the Windows '98 Start up Disc and everything seemed okay - no lost files.  However, when he tried to use the scanner a week later it didn't work.  

A year ago he had a two port USB card installed to allow him to plug the Tiny scanner in and it's worked well since.  We've tried the following:

Reloaded the software + driver.  Scanner light comes on briefly.  I was wondering if they added extra s/w when they installed 2-port USB card which was wiped.
Message comes up: can't locate PmxScan.inf
Also the computer can't see scanner port.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Sue

Answer : Problem: Scanner (Tiny flat bed) has stopped working

I would expect there to be a separate driver for a USB card which is installed first. After that has been satisfactorily installed (check in device manager) then the USB scanner driver should be installed. Some scanner drivers need to be installed before the scanner is attached and others not so you'll need to check the manual first.

By the way have you got a Photomatrix scanner for domestic use - surely not? PmxScan.inf looks like the scanner driver of a Photomatrix scanner.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us