Question : Problem: Ghost

Hi guys hope you are well.

I have a ghost image of a C drive of a Windows 2003 Server.
The image is of a C drive partition where the disk size is 34GB.
The ghost image is of an IBM server where the disk is 34GB and split into 2 partitions.
Also, this server has raid 1 for the system drive (C drive) so Im imaging this ghost image has the details of the RAID configuration. The controller is an IBM serverraid card.
I am trying to boot this after creating a virtual machine for this ghost image, but having issues.
Here is what I have done and would love your help on this trying to get this thing up :>)

==========
My Goal/s:
==========
- Create a virtual machine for this ghost image on VMware Workstation 6

===============
What I have done:
===============

- Created a new virtual machine for Windows 2003 Server
- Added a hard disk of size 10GB (not 34GB which is the  original size of the physical disk for this server)
- The original physical disk on the IBM server has 2 partitions, one for C drive, and one for D drive.
- Booted to a floppy, and ran ghost
- In Ghost, I selected: Ghost --> Partition --> From Image, then set the destination to the first disk.
- The ghost process worked successful.
- I then rebooted the virtual machine after the ghost, and it started to boot, but looks like it is failing at the part in the boot process where it is trying to find the raid drivers to load. At this point, the virtual machine blue screens, and I cant go any further.

=========
Question/s:
=========
- Guys is there any way to get this image up and booting, bypassing the loading of the raid information that was on the physical server, but now since I have encapsulated it into a virtual machine, that raid information is gone?
- I dont care about the raid information, I just want to get this virtual machine to boot.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Answer : Problem: Ghost

It appears to me that the problem is when windows tries to load the raid drivers. Normally running another windows installation from the virtual machine and doing a repair would work since it would redetect the disk and install the appropriate drivers without the RAID. You would keep your installed software and all but you'd probably have to redo windows updates.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us