Question : Problem: corrupt master file table in win2k

I have a WD1000bb harddrive partitioned as a dynamic drive formatted with NTFS.  after doing a filesync on this drive my computer got really funny and then I got the blue screen.  after rebooting the computer I cannot access that drive.  when I click on it in windows explorer I get a warning saying "file or folder is corrupt".  I did a search online and got the advice to run check disk /f from the command prompt.  when this is done it says "mft corrupt chkdsk aborting".  I have some .wav files on this drive that are irreplacable and I realize that I should have synced them this morning as well.  

Answer : Problem: corrupt master file table in win2k

"mft corrupt chkdsk aborting"

This would tell me that something is wrong with the file system. Hence the reason I recommended data recovery software.
Running ckdsk and the recovery console on this system won't fix the error, they may overwrite and reformat the partition to get the functionality of it back, but they won't recover it.

"when I click on it in windows explorer"
This tells me the difficulty is not on the disk with the operating system, but on a seperate partition. Therefore, Recovery Console will not correct this issue.

The software links I provided work on the disk itself, checking for such errors as file system errors.

Bartender_1
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us