Question : Problem: CRC errors and Spinrite

T61...XP SP SP3...
HD is divided into 2 partitions, C and D...D contain all data and that is where the CRC errors show up with the users data...

User has several hundred folders and not sure how many files, but a lot of them...
He has run error check several times, no joy...

I am trying to pull all data off before I do anything else...some of this data is very important...
I suspect I'll be replacing the HD...

My process is I copy some folders, slowly trace down which folder, then which file gives CRC errors...then I can copy everything else in that particular folder...except that particular CRC file...

So far I have found about 3 dozen files with CRC errors out of several thousand...and I got a long way to go...

So, question...
1.  Is there a better way to identify the CRC files...
2.  Is there some application that will copy the CRC files along with the good files...
3.  Will running Spinrite possibly correct the HD enough so that I could copy the CRC error files...

Any help appreciated...
STeve

Answer : Problem: CRC errors and Spinrite

ad 2.): Try "Unstoppable copier": http://www.roadkil.net/program.php?ProgramID=29
This will also try to recover the files and put them together again even though bad sectors may be involved.

ad 3.): Spinrite has an incredible reputation. If anything may help, the Spinrite. Whether or not it will work as expected in your individual case, however, may only be determined by using it.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us