Question : Problem: WINCVS protocol configuration under Win XP

I want to set up WINCVS server. This server will get connected with client PC and they will work on different projects using WINCVS. All Clients and server have WINXP installed. On my server I have installed WINCVS, CVS_NT, ActiveTcl, and python-2.5.1 and SSH. I want to use SSH protocol as other developers will keep updating files on server. Kindly help me with configuring protocol and how can I set up admin and local accounts for developers. What components should I have to install in my client PCs. My projects are in PHP and am using XAMPP. So will I have to create my repository under HTDOCS or can I also set it up on other partition.

Answer : Problem: WINCVS protocol configuration under Win XP

then you can get rid of XAMPP for that, obviously :)
As I don't know your WINCVS, I just can tell you how traditional CVS (on Unix) deals with users:
  1) you need on admin user which controls (read/write permission on everything) the repository
  2) you can setup as many (virtual) users as you like with CVS' user and passwd file in CVSROOT/ directory
      if these virtual users do not match real users as used by SSH logins, your repository is owned by the cvs admin user (see 1)), this admin user must be a real login user
  3) you also need a uniw cvs group (not sure if this applys to WINCVS too)
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us