Question : Problem: BackUp / Disaster Recovery Solutions for MSPs

We are a small consulting firm, getting into the managed services business model. We are looking to get away from the traditional, in-house tape backup and offer a complete backup and DR solution. Relying on customers to take a media offsite and then hoping that this one tape is viable for a restore, takes a lot of finger crossing.

We are looking into a backup solution that would serve as an on/offsite BUDR solution. We've come across a couple of partnership services, like ZenithInfoTech and Datto Backup. I've also looked into doing this ourselves with just purchasing the hardware and software and using an offsite backup service.

Aside from these options, we wanted to see if there are other solutions that could fit our model. We do not have a "NOC" setup, to house our own storage server and handle the backups/replications. I believe we want to offer a service with as using little capital as possibly, but not completely ruling out this option.

Just looking for feedback on either services I mentioned (or haven't mentioned) or if setting up our own NOC with software would be the best alternative.

We primarily deal with Microsoft Servers.

Thanks, Tony

Answer : Problem: BackUp / Disaster Recovery Solutions for MSPs

adding to the software and hardware if you are planning to go with replication over WAN then i would suggest to go with XOsoft which can solve your needs

Otherwise the best available software i can think of is Backup exec and Acronis.

http://www.ca.com/files/ProductBriefs/xosoft_family_product_brief.pdf

hope this helps
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us