Question : Problem: Platinum fails to load in terminal services after console logon.

I have a software package called Platinum For Windows. It is version 5.5.  It uses a server DB engine called Pervasive v.9.1.  This software is installed on a Windows 2003 server box, standard edition sp1.  Im using citrix presentation server, standard edition.  After a fresh boot of the server, user can logon to citrix or through an RDP connection and run Platinum without issue.  They can log off as many times as they want and log in as many times as they want and it works.  However, if you logon to the server console and run what seems to be any .exe file, for instance if you fire up adobe or word or any program, the next citrix or RDP connection will no longer be able to run Plaitnum. It looks as if it is going to load but it never brings up the logon screen.  Other applications will work just fine.  I cant tell if this is a Platinum issue, a pervasive issue, a terminal service issue. The only way to solve the problem is to reboot the server and not logon to the console.  This issue has just cropped up, last major configuration cahnge was removing another citrix box from the farm.  The event logs do not capture any useful information.  I tried procmon and filemon to see if i can get a clue to the failing process, but I'm still without success.  Could someone please point me in the right direction?  Thanks in advance. Brandon.

Answer : Problem: Platinum fails to load in terminal services after console logon.

I found the problem to be with 2003 and Mapped drives disconnecting when you log on to the console. The issue lies with Sysmantec 10.0 and Windows server 2003.  Mapped drive disconnect and therfore platinum is unable to use betrieve.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us