Question : Problem: Need help with encryption/decryption of DES TightVNC passwords with C#

We have a situation where we need to change VNC 1.3.9 server passwords on many remote systems as well as create VNC connection files dynamically.  Remotely modifying the registry and creating the VNC files on the fly is not a problem.

The problem is that I need to be able to encrypt and decrypt plain text to VNC's DES encrypted format in C#.  I've found a few sites online that say the encryption key for this version is "23 82 107 6 35 78 88 7" but I've had no luck getting any functional code going to do what I need to do.  I'm sure there's a nice little short snippet that would do this but I've failed so far.

I know I could get the encrypted version of a password by looking in the registry or by connecting to a machine and saving that connection then looking at the config file but we'd rather not add that step for as many connections as we have to alter.

Thanks in advance

Answer : Problem: Need help with encryption/decryption of DES TightVNC passwords with C#

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us