Question : Problem: Help with Dual Monitor configuration with special requirements

i am planning for a small project...
it's basically a dual-screen setup, but with a twist...

the computer will be in one area with an LCD monitor for the user...
and then about 20 ft away there will be an LCD TV mounted to the wall that will have a mirrored image of the desktop.

i am in a different location than where this is being implemented, so i hired a local tech to go onsite and do an initial assessment.

that tech proposed the idea of using a s-video cable from the computer to the TV... due to the distance and difficultly in finding a VGA that long.

so, here's my question:
obviously i'd need VGA to the LCD monitor that will be located with the computer...  are there graphics cards out there that will allow dual screen with one S-Video connection and one VGA connection?

and the second question:
i've seen VGA cable extenders.  to simplify the setup and keep costs down on the video card, is it possible to just daisy chain VGA cables using extenders in order to get to 20 ft?  or will there be signal issues?

thanks

Answer : Problem: Help with Dual Monitor configuration with special requirements

Then I would recommend a card that does VGA, DVI and Component.  Most mid-range cards from ATI or NVidia do, so you have a lot of options.  If you have the time and the correct cables, try each one before you have the cable run behind the wall and see what looks best.  You should be able to get a VGA or Component cable easily, and you could get a DVI/HDMI converter for a few bucks and see what happens.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us