Question : Problem: Interested in any USB flash drive which can be used as a bootable media

Hi Everyone;

For technical troubleshooting applications, I am interested in any direct purchase link or links to a USB flash drive which can be used as a bootable media.  Basically, what I have in mind, is to transfer bootable or system files to the USB flash drive along with copying the i386 folder of my XP CD onto it and execute winnt from the flash drive to install this operating system onto a laptop which does not have CD or DVDROM support.  From a tutorial obtained from a previously closed post, it appears I will need at least 2GB of storage capacity on the USB flash drive.  In addition, the BIOS of the laptop will need to support bootable medai from USB ports.  

In closing, any suggestions regarding this post will be appreciated.  I assume most USB flash drives are pretty much all alike, but, I want to make sure I make the right choice when converting the USB flash drive to a bootable media.

Thanks in advance for any attention given to this question.

George

Answer : Problem: Interested in any USB flash drive which can be used as a bootable media

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us