Question : Problem: Can I connect and Use my laptop monitor with the server to manage it and install the OS

Hi

I am planning to Purchase my first test dell server (PowerEdge  840) but without monitor :( to save the money because my budget is very low
I already have a Dell Latitude D630 laptop

I have some questions regarding this issues

Can I connect my laptop monitor with the server to manage it and install the OS on it  ??!!! by using any cable !!or  any device  
(I dont mean using remote desktop, because by remote desktop I can install OS)
If no
do you advice me just to Purchase a small dedicated LCD monitor (15 inch) just for the server ??
or
do you advice me just to Purchase a Large width screen LCD monitor and use it at the same time for my laptop any the server and connection all of them by KVM !! ??
if the last one is good choice
did you think its not good to use the KVM with the laptop !!! Someone tell me, maybe the KVM will damage the laptop because the heavy use

thanks with my best regarding for the help

Answer : Problem: Can I connect and Use my laptop monitor with the server to manage it and install the OS

Yes, a small monitor would probably only be good for managing the server.  A larger screen would have the advantage of providing a better viewing experience for your laptop usage.  And having the monitor is also good if for some reason you can't connect to the server with the remote software.  Yuo could hook the monitor to the server to see what is going on.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us