Question : Problem: XP CD does not run

Hi,

I messed up the pre-installed Windows (vista) on my Vaio VGN-SR90S machine and am now trying to clean intall my full copy of XP (rather than recovery disk), but am troubled by something unexpected... it flatly refuses to run. The machine does start to read the CD, but after the prompt 'inspecting hardware configuration', it goes blank and the CD stops. The CD runs with other machines OK.

I then tried my old Win2K copy, and found, altough it does run, it stops half-way with the error message saying the BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant. I am reluctant to update BIOS, quite yet, firstly because I suspect this message as the machine and BIOS are new (Am. Megatrend 2007) and also because I'd like to see the XP CD run normally first.

Any help, firstly for the first problem (CD not running at all), would be much appreciated, as to what could be causing it, and what could solve it.

Regards,
Yo

Answer : Problem: XP CD does not run

Many PC's you get these days with Vista preinstalled don't really support XP anymore, it is hard if not impossible to get the necessary drivers. Also some manufacturer's have pretty no support, Sony belongs at the very top of that list. I'm afraid you'll have to try the different drivers until you find one that works, good luck!

Sometimes your best choice is to first restore the system to factory defaults, and then run a tool like SIW (http://gtopala.com) which will allow you to save all the driver info into files. And then you can try to find the correct drivers for XP for your hardware.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us