Question : Problem: w2k limit of 4gb backup up size on a 120gb external hard drive.

I am getting a media full message at 4gb's when backing up to my external 120gb hard drive.  My exchange store is larger than 4gb alone.  I would like to backup all of my computer to this hard drive.

Answer : Problem: w2k limit of 4gb backup up size on a 120gb external hard drive.

Once again, wrong concept.  THERE IS NO FAT32 LIMIT -- it is an MS MARKETING PLOY to force people to use NTFS.
<< try formatting it from within W98SE (apparently this OS didn't have the 32GB limitation imposed on it) >>
There is NO such real limit -- just marketing.  There is no FAT32 limit less than 2.4 terabytes.  Only current LBA addressing can handle only 127 GB.

There is no FAT32 limit of 4 GB or 32 GB.  Why cannot people understand that?  Is that too hard for people to understand, are you brianwashed by MS marketing ploys?  Surely anyone reading the literature on it can see that FAT32 has no such limits.

NTFS supposed "stability" is more marketing.  Sure it is stable in its real-time error correcting , but everything you write to it is limited by access permissions.
And user's don't understand this, and MS hides the fact, that when you move an NTFS drive to another computer that does not have those same login and password permissions, all the data on it is NOT READABLE.  Questions stream in here to EE about this very problem, NTFS on a removable drive is a DISASTER!!

Please educate yourselves, this poor person's question has been saturated with too much misconception about FAT32 and NTFS -- that he didn't even want to know.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us