Question : Problem: Error - Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you to the network

A friend has an HP Pavilion dv2035us.  After connecting to my wireless for a few seconds we get that error message "Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you to the network" and it drops the connection.  I checked out the other threads on this message and insured that the settings on her laptop for my wireless location are WPA [the Authentication tab shows all options disabled].  The Wireless Zero Config? service seems to be running normally and the wireless power is definitely on.  I also updated the drivers on the Intel wireless adapter.

My router is set for WPA (TKIP + AES).  As an FYI, the only other person in 2 years who has had a problem connecting through my router is another HP laptop.  I wonder if there isn't an issue with HP's Wireless Assistant.

Answer : Problem: Error - Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you to the network

After some further research I came across this article - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=917021 [Wireless Client Update, 8/23/07]  The download there resolved the problem.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us