Question : Problem: Converting a Cisco lighweight access point into an autonomous mode

Hi Guys,
I need to know if you can convert an AIR-LAP1231G Cisco Lightweight Access Point into autonomous mode. The only articles i can find are to ugrade an autonomous access point to a lightweight access point and not the other way round. The documents state that you can do this after upgrading an autonomous access point to a lightweight access point. But i have a lightweight access point already and need to know if it is possible to make it autonomous? I asked my vendor to provide me with a CIsco access point and he gave me this model and when I opened it up to install, was shocked to know that I need an expensive wireless access controller to make it work. Please help.......

Answer : Problem: Converting a Cisco lighweight access point into an autonomous mode

From my understanding, you can use a tftp server, download the latest ISO version and look at the console as the device is tryign to access the tftp server. It will tell you the name of the file that it is trying to find. Just rename the image file to that, and it will copy over and reboot into atonomous mode. I have done this with abou 12 AP's that we did the same things as you with.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us