Question : Problem: Cannot mantain wireless connection between DPR-1260 and SBG900

I have a Motorola SBG900 cable modem with PCs working no problem. I have a DLink DPR1260 print server I'm using to connect the Pixma MP500 to the network. When I hardwire using ethernet cable from the DPR1260 to the Motorola SBG900, all works well. I can go through the wireless setup on the DPR1260, and get it to work wireless to the SBG900. However, when we lose power to the devices, the Motorola SBG900 can't find the DPR1260, unless I hardwire it back with the ethernet cable and go all the way through the initial wireless setup on the DPR1260.

The SBG900 is using DHCP, and the IP address for the print server DPR1260 always comes back as 192.168.0.10.

I can't ping the wireless print server after a power failure, but I do see it in the DHCP lease table on the DBG900.

Help, please? Power is inconsistent here.

Answer : Problem: Cannot mantain wireless connection between DPR-1260 and SBG900

Just to make clarify, you're unable to connect to it through your wireless router/AP using the address 192.168.0.10 or the http://dlinkps-xxxxxx PnP name it gives itself (where xxxxxx = the last 6 characters of the MAC ID printed on the barcode label), unless you connect an ethernet cable between it and a LAN port ?

After losing power does it show up again in my network places as a PNP device with the name DPR1260:dlinkps-xxxxxx?

And it still says 192.168.0.10 (dynamic) for IP Address on the Status tab, under Device Info, and you never have to change that, right?

What hardware and firmware versions do you have?  It tells in the upper right corner of the print server's config screens.

Does your LAN actually use the subnet 192.168.0.0?
Do you have an address reservation setup for the print server in the DHCP server?
What kind of router/AP is it?

You might want to invest in an uninterruptable power supply (UPS), btw... the spikes and brownouts associated with power going out and coming back on aren't good for electronics. I have one for computer stuff and another on my TV/stereo rack.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us