Question : Problem: Need to format PC to reinstall windows, but cannot access bios via del key due to faulty keyboard ports?

I am trying to format my HD so that i can reinstall windows, basically getting a new PC and giving this to the old man.

I need to change the boot order of my drives so that it boots from the Windows XP install disk rather than the HD.

However, the USB keyboard is not working until windows boots up (always accepted this as standard), and the PS2 Keyboard is not working at all booting up or in windows, now this confuses me greatly as i assumed the PS2 would work no matter what.

How do i either get the PS2/USB keyboards working on bootup to access BIOS, or change the boot order so i can format the drive, and if i can get to the Windows installation, will i be able to do anything without a PS2 keyboard?

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Need to format PC to reinstall windows, but cannot access bios via del key due to faulty keyboard ports?

If the drive that you can boot into windows, then you always can install or upgrade. Just insert XP CD in and do installation, depending on the XP version you have, you would have options upgrade or clean install. You also can create slipstream XP that added usb driver support.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us