Question : Problem: HP Laserjet 4200n displays message "manually feed light letter".

HP Laserjet 4200N printer attention light blinks and displays message "manually feed light letter".  This has just started happening.  When I press the check mark is instantly prints from tray 2 like it is suppose to.  I assume the light letter indicates paper weight, but can not find anything in the printer configuration, manual or on line about light paper.  I reset factory defaults, did not help.  This has just started happening.  There have been no updates to drives or print server.  We have many 4200's and it is only effecting one.  

Answer : Problem: HP Laserjet 4200n displays message "manually feed light letter".

Hello wwts,

I would check your driver settings on the server AND on the computer printing. The user could have changed the default on his local settings, or the setting could be in the document he's trying to print (I believe I saw that with a WORD document).

Do you have this behaviour when you're printing the test page?
Do you have the same behaviour regardless from which computer you're printing the test page?

Last time I got this annoying type of issue, it was due to a default setting change in the driver on the server. Of course, "nobody" touched it...

Rgds,
Werner.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us