Question : Problem: How do you rebuild a Failed Raid 5 or recover data from the two remaining members ?

2003 server with a HighPoint rocketraid 2224 bios version 1.7  that was set up as a three hard drive raid 5 . One of the hard drives failed , The other two hard drives are good.
I have added exact Same drive 320 gig wd sata 2 , I also added a fourth drive , marked it as (jbod)and installed xp pro on it so i could install Highpoint Web Gui version 1.5 and attempt to repair the raid 5 . I can add  the new hd wd 320 as a spare , but it will not rebuild , it said under Raid status that array is disabled , These two drives will not run on non raid sata port(tried on several machines) (they have to be connected to the raid card to be seen)so I could use raid constructor to get their data .
Is there a utility that will mark a new drive as the one that failed and add it to the raid5 , or would that work?
I need to enable this array , or rebuild this array with no data loss ,
as their external backup had filled up and was not accepting any more backups .
I need to recover the data , as this company is down until we come up with an answer or fix.
Thanking You in advance for Your Help , Thanks

Answer : Problem: How do you rebuild a Failed Raid 5 or recover data from the two remaining members ?

don't worry about changing the disks, so long as you don't write DATA to them, use RAID Reconstructor to reconstruct the DATA and then make an image that you can recover using getdataback ntfs. This has worked for me in the past but is not an easy or fast process but I believe it is the only option you have. once the DATA is recovered restore it to a RAID set you can trust.

Good luck
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us