Question : Problem: Cannont see SCSI drive in MY Computer on a WIndows 2000 server box

I have an old Dell Precision 220 that I user for tape restores. It has a SCSI controller  attached (pci slot)as well that I normally use for the  external tape drive.Anyways, I have a seagate ultra u320 scsi drive that I would like to connect to be able to see the data on this drive. I connect this to the internal controller. The scsi controller ID is 7 ( adaptec 29160) . The seagate is on scsi ID 1   / slot 5.
anyways, although I see this upon booting up and can actually see the drive in device mananger. I cannot see this in My Computer. Any thoughts on what I may need to do or am doing wrong?
just an fyi, there are 2 ide drives that are connected, 1 for the OS the other for a slave for data.

Answer : Problem: Cannont see SCSI drive in MY Computer on a WIndows 2000 server box

Have you checked in Disk Management for it?  Maybe you simply need to give it a drive letter or perhaps it needs formatting or uses an unrecognized file system...
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us