Question : Problem: Can I connect to my computer sitting in a differnt country?

Hi, I am currently in India and have a internet connection speed of 2 mbps. I have a laptop and a PC connected to my wireless router. I could connect to my pc through RDC from my laptop since they are in the same network.
If I am in a different county, say Germany. Is it still possible for me to access my computer in India through RDC? If it is not possible through RDC, can I use any tools like Dameware?

Answer : Problem: Can I connect to my computer sitting in a differnt country?

LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, and similar technologies install something on your computer that communicates with a server provided by that company.  It's probably the best way to go ... but since you asked about RDC ...

#1.  You need to tell your DSL modem to forward the port to your router ... which you need to tell to forward the port to your computer.  Port forwarding is absolutely what you need to look at.

#2. This would be the public IP address of your dSL modem, in this case. Unfortunately, that changes from time to time unless you have a static IP from your ISP.  Check out the dynamic dns update utility at DynDns.org for a solution to that piece of the puzzle.  Additionally ... you get a domain name tied to it that way ... which can be cool.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us