Question : Problem: SVC Host error - The memory couldn't be written - 0x00000000

Hi

I recently changed my iPod Nano from 1st Generation to 2nd Generation. Ever since I have been experiencing problems.

When I connect my iPod for the first time after powering on or restarting, i am recieving the following:

Opening application: svchost.exe - Program error : Instructions on »0x00000000« reffered to the memory on »0x00000000«. The memory couldn't be written.

The Application log throws out the error message:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( iPod Service ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Service started.

The ipodservice.exe then restarts, iTunes loads and everything appears fine. However, the iPod may or may not be detected, it may or may not sync etc.

I tried reinstalling iTunes (to no avail) and even spend all day rebuilding my laptop, but still the problem occurs.

I have connected my iPod to another system and it appears to work ok, but will not eject (it just sits on "Do not disconnect".

Im sure you'll all agree that its a pain to have unexplained error messages!

Any and all help happily accepted.

Thanks in advance.

Answer : Problem: SVC Host error - The memory couldn't be written - 0x00000000

Problem is not related to software - is a glitch between the 6715b HP Laptop and 2nd Gen iPods.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us