Question : Problem: Processor taking full advantage of RAM speeds?

(My overall question is: Will my processor take full advantage of my new RAM? I know the motherboard does.)

I'm upgrading a computer that has a K8M890M-M motherboard installed.

Here is a site with the specs:
http://www.pcper.com/specs.php?p=MB&id=678

It came installed with an: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+,  MMX,  3DNow, ~2.2GHz (According to dxdiag). I believe it is an AM2 socket model.

I purchased a 2gb PC2-6400, DDR2-800, 240 pin RAM kit for this computer as an upgrade (it had 512 mb of PC2-3200). It is dual channel capable.

I installed the ram, and the computer starts, everything is fine. Still, I want to know if my processor and motherboard are capable of taking full advantage of DDR2-800 ram speeds. I know the motherboard explicitly supports it.

Is my processor only going to use part of the power of the RAM? Do I need to over clock some component of the processor to take full advantage of the RAM?

Either way, would someone also explain if the processor settings have anything to do with taking advantage of RAM speeds? Does all the RAM stuff happen on the motherboard's northbridge with its FSB or something?

Thanks for the info.

Answer : Problem: Processor taking full advantage of RAM speeds?

You will be fine.  The OS controls how the RAM is used.  If the motherboard suppport it, it will be used as needed.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us