Question : Problem: 3d accelerator card

I got "Call of Duty" game that requires "3D Hardware Accelerator Card - 100% DirectX 9.0b compatible 32MB hardware T&L-capable video card and latest drivers". I have integrated Intel Extreme Graphics2 and my computer freezes when I try to play. I read on this site that it is only for DirectX7 and is not T&L capable. Is it possible to install the correct 3d card and avoid any conflicts with existing integrated card? If it is possible, what card would you recommend? It seems very difficult to find any information or reviews about this.

Answer : Problem: 3d accelerator card

Nvidia FX5200/5600/5900 or ATi Radeon 9500/9600/9800 are DirectX 9 ready card (if not mistaken) and all comes with AGP 8X but backward compatible with AGP 4X. I don't recommend you to use this card if you have a motherboard that only support AGP 2X.

Even if you get this card and your motherboard supports for either 4X or up to 8X, other factors may also need to be consider.
1. Have at least 384MB of RAM (XP uses lots of RAM almost 100MB) for optimal performance.
2. Hard disk with lots of free space. At least 500MB-1GB free space (after setting up your swap file.
3. Configure your swap file to at least 700MB and better on a different drive with equal performance.

Just plug in the new AGP card and windows will detect it and have the drivers CD ready. Download the latest Nvidia Detonator drivers Nvidia card or ATI Catalyst for Ati card.

Please check your motherboard specification FIRST before purchasing any new card. But I believe that a motherboard with Intel Extreme Graphic 2 is running with Intel 865/875 chipset that supports for AGP 8X. Good luck.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us