Question : Problem: BIOS

Hello I want to ask the following question:
I have a Fujitsu Amilo D-7800 laptop and I had set up a "Bios Setup Password" previously witch I don't remember now and witch I need to Enter Setup by Pressing F2 at boot.
Now I have the following problem , when I boot my laptop it says Intsert System Diskette And Press Enter to Reboot.
I can't acess Bios but I run Hiren's Boot CD and I go to Disk partition Tools.
When I run any Partition tool , it says NO HARD DISK FOUND!
I have a HDD Problem?
My HDD don't work?
My diagnostic programs don't show any HDD's.
Maby is corrupted ...Anyway I  found another HDD from Internet to purchase.
If I take new HDD and plag to it to laptop it will scan and find the new HDD when BIOS setup is locked?
Can I open the laptop and make sure ..maby hard disk is not connected properly? or any power cable? because laptop felt down many times and maby this caused a problem.
Please give me some possible solutions.

Answer : Problem: BIOS

just get the service manual for the unit, there's either a jumper to change for password reset or there is the battery as mentioned above.

I would assume all BIOS work different in regards to locking people out vs locking people out + locking all BIOS settings and disallowing automated/any changes without the password and/or verification process within BIOS. Definitely assume that just buying the drive won't work, but your disk is probably dead so maybe you should buy it and in the mean time find out how to reset that password, it is easy jst read the manual.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us