Question : Problem: Slow connection through switch?

Please see this diagram first:
http://mvpbaseball.cc/mynetwork.jpg

When host1 copies a 600mb file from the "server", it takes only 8 minutes.
When host2 copies the same 600mb file, it takes 179 minutes.

I'm assuming host 2 has a 10mb connection to the "server", and Host1 has a 100mb connection.......but why?
I am using 2924XL switches. The router is a cable router with a 10/100 interface.  I hardcoded the ports, that connect the two switches together, to full duplex. Thought it would solve problem but didnt.  Cat5 cabling is run throughout the network

Thanks

Answer : Problem: Slow connection through switch?

When you did the show interfaces and the results where clean I’d say that kind of eliminated to likelihood that the crossover cable is bad. On the other had you got LINK_FLAP errors which could indicate a bad port on one of the switches, probably the one of the far side, it could also be related to power issues, are these switches on UPS’s? Also reconfiguring ports can cause those errors, and since you have been working on these two switch’s trying to figure out your workstation problem you might have caused it your self. So just keep an eye on it for now.

As for clearing the log, it’s “clear log” on and IOS switch, and “clear logging buffer” on a CAT switch. You can also can clear the port counters with “clear counters” for IOS, and “clear counters all” on CAT OS switches.  

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us