Question : Problem: restore and FSMO role transfer

Dear Experts,

I am having difficulty getting a full catalog job in backup exec to run. After the last catalog job of 16 hours and many tb, I can go to the restore section of backup exec and see the date along with the system state to backup, so I am assuming that I will be able to restore the system state tomorrow when I am in front of the server. Should I assume correctly that I will be able to restore the system state since I can see the date and the system state selections or will I have problems since the catalog job didn't successfully finish? After the restore of system state to the server 2000, I will be transferring the FSMO roles to the new GC and then demoting the 2000 box. Do I need to join the newly reloaded 2000 box to the domain before performing the system state restore? Any other information on this is greatly appreciated!!

Answer : Problem: restore and FSMO role transfer

To answer your first question, if you can browse to the System Restore of that server in in a New Restore Job, then System Restore info has been backed up and you needn't worry.

Give the new box the same name / same IP, join it to the domain, install the BE Agent and you're good to go!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us